If my spouse is right the Johnson County assessor has appropriately reduced the value of our house this year. Pinch me! Hit me with your fist. Slap me around a little. Am I dreaming? Is this a good dream?
This is incredible! I think it is appropriate for assessments to reflect real market values. Unfortunately if the dollar continues to fall we may end up with inflated housing values anyway!
I think that appraisers and assessors have played a role in the subprime debacle and their professional standards may have been influenced by the big money people were making (or thought they were making) with the sub-prime speculation. I hope there has been no error in reading the tax assessment. If correct we have to say right-on to this reduction in a collapsing housing market and the professionalism of those making it.
I hope the other counties in the Greater Kansas City area will be making similar reductions in the assessed value of real property.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi!! Your blog are very nice and more info. I hope follow my blog and please click my google ads.
Post a Comment